The Big- or St. Eusebius Church stands in the oldest place of Arnhem. It was here, in the 9th century, at the bank of the stream Jansbeek, that the city came into existence. The first church built on this land was the Sint Martin’s church. The current St Eusebius church, named after the saint Eusebius, was built in its place in the 15th and 16th century. In this period, the region lived through a cultural and political ‘Golden Age.’ During the Middle Ages, Gelre was one of the most important principalities of the low lands. With the power of the counts of Gelre reaching in all directions; from Friesland and Holland, to Germany and Scotland. As a result he St Eusebius church was adorned in abundant decorations. Today it holds nearly one-thousand sculptural figures on the in- and outside of the building; taking second place as the most decorated church building of the Netherlands, after the St John’s Cathedral in ’s-Hertogenbosch. Housing sonsbeeksonsbeek20→24 fits perfectly in this new cultural destination. The shared history between sonsbeek and the St Eusebius adds a sense of urgency to the collaboration; sonsbeek offered the citizens of Arnhem mental support in 1949, when the city was being restored after the Battle of Arnhem. We can also see this narrative of restoration and a close connection with the city of Arnhem in the story of the reconstruction of the St Eusebius Church. Broadly sharing the history of the Battle of Arnhem and the story of the heydays of Gelderland in the Middle Ages (from 2022), forms the foundation of a new cultural attraction. Next to this, bridges are built between past and present, with contemporary, exciting programming related to the history and meaning of the building.